SARASOTA, Fla., Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- xG Technology, Inc. ("xG" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: XGTI, XGTIW; AIM: XGTU.L, XGT.L), a developer of wireless communications and spectrum sharing technologies, is pleased to announce that its xVM™ and xAP™ cognitive radio networking devices have passed U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) testing. The xVM (xMax Vehicle Modem) has received FCC certification by way of a Grant of Equipment Authorization, which allows for its legal distribution and sale in the U.S. The xAP (xMax Access Point) is awaiting final FCC certification paperwork, which is expected to be received shortly. This completes all required FCC testing needed for xMax Cognitive Radio products.
It is an IP67-rated ruggedized subscriber device that is designed for use in or on vehicles. The xVM seamlessly connects smartphones, tablets, notebooks and other devices to the Internet via an xMax cognitive radio network. It is waterproof and can withstand wide temperature ranges and challenging environmental conditions. While primarily developed for vehicle usage, the xVM may also be externally mounted in fixed locations like parks or other outdoor areas to provide WiFi and wired Ethernet access for use in monitoring, surveillance, machine-to-machine (M2M) and other applications.
The xAP is a compact base station that communicates wirelessly with xMod and xVM devices. The xMax xAP is an all-IP, high-capacity, high-performance wireless access point that that will deliver wide area coverage and reliability even when there is significant interference. The xAP brings together innovative technologies including software defined radio (SDR), cognitive networking and a 2x4 MIMO in a compact and affordable broadband access point. These capabilities enable the xAP to deliver broadband throughput for fixed, nomadic and mobile applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV