Value Level: Price at which to enter a GTC limit order to buy on weakness. The letters mean; W-weekly, M-monthly, Q-quarterly, S-semiannual and A-annual.
Pivot: A level between a value level and risky level that should be a magnet during the time frame noted.
Risky Level: Price at which to enter a GTC limit order to sell on strength.
Here are my buy-and-trade strategies for the five stocks with buy ratings: Analog Devices (ADI) ($47.74) set a multi-year high at $50.00 on Aug. 1 then declined to $45.75 on Aug. 28 and is below its 50-day SMA at $48.13. My quarterly value level is $41.51 with a weekly pivot at $47.39 and monthly risky level at $49.56.Marvell Technology (MRVL) ($12.00) set a 2013 high at $13.51 on Aug.14 and is now below its 50-day SMA at $12.48. My quarterly value level is $8.74 with an annual pivot at $12.38 and weekly risky level at $13.16. SanDisk (SNDK) ($60.10) set a multi-year high at $63.97 on July 22 then traded as low as $53.09 on July 30, and is now above its 50-day SMA at $58.21. My quarterly value level is $56.22 with a weekly pivot at $59.10 and monthly risky level at $66.14. (TER) ($16.55) set a multi-year high at $18.73 on July 11 and then traded as low as $15.22 on Aug. 30, and is now between its 50-day and 200-day SMAs at $16.36 and $16.66. My quarterly value level is $15.88 with a monthly pivot at $16.60 and semiannual risky level at $21.82.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV