It's not like BlackBerry has been keeping it a secret that it's for sale
Even so, whether anyone thinks the company should fetch $10, $12 or something more doesn't matter. If no one steps up in the next six weeks, this company will go for $9.
This is a company that had an $80 billion market cap in 2008. A $9 deal would give it a $4.7 billion valuation. For a company that has more than $2 billion in cash, that's nothing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV