I have not been a big advocate of BlackBerry or its CEO Thorsten Heins and his less than stellar management.
And since I'm sure there are still a load of BlackBerry loyalists out there who will blast this article, I'll leave the I told you so's for another day. Instead, I'll simply warn any prospective buyers eyeing the stock: PLEASE AVOID.
The all-caps was necessary, trust me. The Z10 was supposed to be the game changer that the Canadian smartphone maker needed to break back into contention. Along with the Q10, the phones were about to turn the world upside down with how great they were.buy Apple (AAPL) over BlackBerry, when they were both down roughly the same percentage year-to-date. I still think that is a good idea, especially in light of this recent takeover news.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV