NEW YORK and RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, Sept. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group (Nasdaq:NDAQ) and the Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul) have today entered into an agreement to upgrade Tadawul's current trading platform. As part of the agreement Tadawul will also continue to leverage the existing suite of market surveillance and CSD technologies that have been supported by NASDAQ OMX since 2006.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=21167
As part of its long-term strategic plan, Tadawul will replace its existing NASDAQ OMX platform (SAXESS) with one powered by the industry leading X-Stream INET technology. Migration to the new platform is expected to commence in January 2014."The Saudi Stock Exchange is proud to engage in a new chapter in its relationship with NASDAQ OMX as we continue our efforts to build the necessary infrastructure to expand into new products and services," said Adel Al-Ghamdi, Chief Executive Officer, Tadawul, in his opening remarks at yesterday's signing ceremony held in Tadawul's headquarters in Riyadh. "Our investment in the X-stream INET trading platform, recognized as the most advanced securities trading technology in the world, is an investment in the future of our capital markets. Its capacity and low latency will provide our members, and their clients, with enhanced performance and speed."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV