NEW YORK, Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU), New York's Hometown Airline, today announces its fifth annual Swing For Good Golf Classic and Bid For Good online charitable auction, the airline's major fundraising campaign of the year. Swing For Good began as a friendly competition between JetBlue and its business partners, with the ultimate goal of making a difference and raising funds for non-profit organizations. This year's recipients are KaBOOM! and First Book.
For the fifth anniversary of JetBlue's annual campaign, business partners, customers and crewmembers will play golf and bid online at charitybuzz.com/jetbluebidforgood for one-of-a-kind items with the proceeds benefitting two worthy community organizations. Over the past five years, the Swing For Good and Bid For Good efforts have raised more than $1.5 million for a variety of nonprofit partners. Last year, JetBlue donated $420,000 to KaBOOM! and PBS Kids.
KaBOOM!, a non-profit organization dedicated to giving kids the childhood they deserve by bringing play to those who need it most, has been a recipient of the fundraising campaign for the past five years. The airline is also happy to welcome a new beneficiary this year – First Book, a non-profit social enterprise that provides access to new books for children in need."Swing For Good allows us to join forces with business associates and customers to raise awareness and funds for deserving causes," said Robin Hayes, chief commercial officer for JetBlue Airways. "Our commitment to our charitable partners goes beyond just one day. As part of our NYHometown focus, we've partnered with KaBOOM! to build playgrounds in areas impacted by Hurricane Sandy to restore play and a sense of normalcy for affected children. We are also working with First Book to provide nearly 250,000 new books to children in need, many of whom reside in the New York area." The Swing For Good Golf Classic will be held on Wednesday, September 25 at Bethpage State Golf Course in Bethpage, NY. The Bid For Good online auction takes place through October 16. Customers can bid on a wide range of exclusive packages including luxurious all-inclusive JetBlue Getaways vacation packages, access to VIP sporting events, signed memorabilia and other one-of-a-kind experiences. Bid For Good auction items include opportunities to:
- Name a character in best-selling author James Patterson's new book
- Serve as grounds keeper for a day for the Boston Red Sox and help the grounds crew prepare the field before a game
- Throw the ceremonial first pitch at a 2014 regular season Boston Red Sox game
- Participate in a flight training experience at JetBlue University complete with tutoring by one of JetBlue's professional flight instructors
- Experience a JetBlue Getaways package – Five days/Four night stay at the Occidental Grand Xcaret in Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Attend a table read for "The Simpsons" animated TV show
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts