By Pete Najarian, co-founder of OptionMonster
NEW YORK -- JetBlue Airways (JBLU) has been flying along with other transports, and the bulls were piling on board Tuesday.
The airline stock was higher Tuesday morning despite the S&P 500 trading lower, and buyers snapped up the October 7 calls. OptionMonster's tracking systems show that several chunks went for 15 cents, including one block of 5,000.
These calls lock in the price where the stock can be purchased, letting investors cheaply position for a rally. They can also produce some nice leverage if the shares continue to gain altitude but will expire worthless if the stock remains below $7 through mid-October.JetBlue shares ended the session up 1.05% to $6.76 and are not too far from their 52-week highs. Total option volume in the name was 17 times greater than average. Overall calls outpaced puts by more than 10,000 to just 89, reflecting how much the bulls were in control. Najarian owns JBLU calls.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV