LONDON, Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management solutions, has announced the availability of an extensive set of advanced predictive sciences applications and services. These integrated capabilities enable drug discovery teams to investigate and evaluate hypotheses about the chemical or biological behavior of molecules of therapeutic interest in silico prior to costly experimentation. Accelrys predictive sciences leverages the open, scientifically aware Accelrys Enterprise Platform to deliver an advanced scientific decision support environment that reduces time and expense, improves quality, enhances collaboration and accelerates innovation in bringing new drugs to market.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/62190-accelrys-offers-integrated-predictive-sciences-solutions-faster-innovation
"The complexity of today's science means that many organizations lack the experimental resources to test for every biologically relevant endpoint for all compounds of interest," said Adel Laoui, Ph.D., MBA, managing director of the Accelrys Life Sciences R&D segment. "On the other hand, the breadth and accuracy of predictive sciences are now mature enough to facilitate resolution of a broad range of R&D challenges using less expensive and more scalable in silico methodologies. This enables scientists to evaluate many more hypotheses more quickly than is possible with experiment alone, enhancing the speed of decision making. By combining a workflow-based approach with new informatics predictive modeling tools and high quality experimental data, Accelrys predictive sciences enables R&D groups to build, publish and consume in silico models in a social, collaborative environment."Faced with looming "patent cliffs" and increasing pressure to demonstrate positive health outcomes with reduced operating costs, many life sciences R&D organizations are restructuring into smaller and more agile teams to improve productivity. To remain competitive, research teams are also externalizing many discovery processes and leveraging advanced predictive solutions to accelerate the identification and testing of small molecules or biologics with favorable properties. Drug discovery is a multi-objective optimization process with drug researchers striving to improve all properties or criteria simultaneously. As a result, predictive science methods for modeling multiple properties such as biochemical potency, in vivo pharmacokinetics and formulations are now routinely delivered and shared across all phases of R&D. To support this paradigm shift in life sciences R&D and align with today's market trends, the latest 4.0 release of Accelrys Discovery Studio supports scientific exploration from early-stage target identification through lead identification and optimization to preclinical safety testing. Discovery Studio 4.0 features new biotherapeutics science to identify mutation sites for disulfide bridges, enabling molecular biologists and antibody engineers to improve the stability of novel biologics. The latest release also includes enhancements to both scalability and performance in long-duration (nanosecond) simulations and fully re-engineered non-bond interaction analysis, accelerating structure-based drug design in small molecules research. Taking advantage of the integrated Accelrys Enterprise Platform, medicinal, synthetic and computational chemists, molecular biologists and computational structural biologists can leverage the following Accelrys predictive sciences solutions for improved end-to-end information management and decision support across the enterprise and networked external partners.
- Accelrys Discovery Studio – Accelerate life sciences exploration with a comprehensive portfolio of validated modeling and simulation solutions for both small molecules and macromolecules-based drug design.
- Accelrys QSAR Workbench – Automate the development, validation and deployment of predictive Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationship models to expedite the lead optimization phase.
- Accelrys Pipeline Pilot – Rapidly create, test and publish scientific services that automate data analysis and enable scientists to rapidly explore, visualize and report results.
- Accelrys Component Collections – Build, deploy and analyze complex scientific data types using the Chemistry, Data Modeling, Sequence Analysis, Next Generation Sequencing and ADMET Collections to improve scientific processes and accelerate decisions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV