Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted leader for video content management and webcasting solutions, today announced the company’s Mediasite platform will be used to webcast the EDUCAUSE 2013 Annual Conference in Anaheim Calif.
The conference, which takes place Oct. 15-18 in the Anaheim Convention Center, is the premier gathering for higher education IT professionals, exploring today’s toughest technology issues facing higher education globally. Since 2005, EDUCAUSE has streamed sessions on-demand via Mediasite and this is the fifth consecutive year conference organizers have streamed the content live to create a hybrid event, delivering both online and face-to-face experiences simultaneously. From their desktops or mobile devices, about 400 distributed participants — attending in various team sizes — from 270 campuses and 13 countries will join in-person participants in Anaheim to engage in common conference sessions.
Remote attendees will have access to Mediasite webcasts from the conference including 51 general, featured and themed concurrent sessions streamed via Mediasite. A virtual conference center will offer active networking features, and attendees can guide their online experience with an Event Planning Kit to facilitate discussion with on-site participants.
“The EDUCAUSE Annual Conference is the leading event where higher education IT professionals network and learn together. With Mediasite, we’re able to reach an even larger audience by streaming live and on-demand content worldwide. Our attendees can participate from the comfort of their office, home or anywhere with a mobile device,” said Julie Little, vice president at EDUCAUSE. “We are excited to continue our longstanding partnership with Sonic Foundry for the continued success of our hybrid annual conference.”The online conference can be viewed at www.educause.edu/annual-conference/virtual-conference. The following sessions will be available live and on-demand to the public:
- Higher Education Is a Massively Multiplayer Game
- Disaggregation and Innovation in Higher Education: Charting a Course Through Turbulent Times
- Leading a Culture of Innovation (Not available on-demand)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV