LOUISVILLE, Ky., Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- The 500,000 th 6.7-liter Power Stroke ® V8 turbo diesel engine was installed yesterday into a new 2014 Ford Super Duty F-350 Lariat at Kentucky Truck Plant
- Introduced in 2011, the 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 turbocharged diesel delivers 400 horsepower and 800 lb.-ft. of torque with best-in-class fuel economy
- Ford is the only heavy-duty pickup truck manufacturer that designs and builds its own diesel engine and transmission combination, ensuring optimal engineering from design to driveway
Ford, America's truck leader, announced the installation of its 500,000 th 6.7-liter Power Stroke ® V8 turbocharged diesel engine, which went into a new 2014 Ford Super Duty F-350 Lariat pickup truck. The engine was installed yesterday at Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville.
"This is a significant milestone for an engine that was introduced just a few years ago," said Doug Scott, Ford Truck group marketing manager. "Demand for the engine has outpaced our expectations; our customers love the combination of performance, towing capability, and fuel economy."
The 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 diesel engine delivers 400 horsepower at 2,800 rpm and 800 lb.-ft. of torque at 1,600 rpm, along with class-leading fuel economy while adding more fueling flexibility and easily meeting stringent emissions requirements. The 6.7-liter diesel shares Super Duty's legendary reliability and durability while enabling up to 24,700 pounds towing capability for F-450 pickup and up to 26,600 pounds for F-550 chassis cab.Ford is the only heavy-duty pickup truck manufacturer that designs and builds its own diesel engine and transmission combination, ensuring the powertrain will work seamlessly with all chassis components and vehicle calibrations, from concept to driveway. This approach enables Ford engineers to optimize the vehicle's performance across the entire lineup.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts