NEW YORK, Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Professional creatives are struggling to produce creative and effective campaigns in an increasingly stressful work environment, according to a new survey released today from iStock by Getty Images during Advertising Week 2013 in New York City. One in two (48 percent) creatives believes levels of creativity in their industry have stagnated or declined in the last decade and nearly one quarter (23 percent) of creatives spend less than two hours of their day doing 'creative' work, according to the study's findings.
iStock, the web's original resource for crowd-sourced royalty-free stock images, media and design elements, commissioned KRC Research to conduct its first ever ' Free the Creative' survey of more than 400 creative industry professionals – ranging from art directors to graphic designers in the US and UK – about the state of creativity in their profession.
The research revealed that lack of inspiration, funding and time are the three main barriers to creativity in a creative's job:
- The majority (60 percent) of creatives said that they have had "great ideas" in the last year but not enough time or support at work to achieve what they wanted.
- Nearly three quarters (70 percent) of respondents said they want more "creative time" and 63 percent said they do not have the time they need for "creative reflection and inspiration".
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV