Top 5 Benefits to Look for in Today's Job Market
According to a recent survey by Mom Corps, a national talent acquisition and career development firm, 73% of working adults agree flexibility is one of the most important factors they consider when looking for a job or deciding what company to work for, says Allison O'Kelly, founder/CEO of the company.
"The pros of flexibility as a benefit are multifaceted. Not only are employees better able to work when they are most productive, depending on what kind of flexible options are implemented, flexibility also offers the potential to save money and energy on a commute and gives employees more leverage to lead a less frenzied life."
5. Ancillary benefits: Tuition reimbursement, additional vacation days
Job-seekers shouldn't lose sight of everything a company has to offer by focusing on a single benefit offering, says Harry Gottlieb, CEO of Jellyvision, the creator of Alex, a benefits education software.While a generous health benefit or retirement savings plan can seem awfully attractive, if it's not part of an overall package you can live with, you might find it's not enough to make you happy in the long term, Gottlieb says. "You're not just a worker who has health care needs. You're not just an employee who wants to retire someday. You're a whole person, and you'll want to find an organization that meets as many of your needs as possible." Today, people are looking more creatively at their job offers to make certain they're getting everything that's important to them, Coles says. "I always insist that you negotiate, see if there is room. We encourage people to consider negotiating for added vacation days, and creating a list of things that matter to them. Come to the table prepared to negotiate, to throw the questions out." Tuition reimbursement packages are another benefit that demonstrates an "investment in each employee's growth, future and success," Friedman says. "Not only do these benefits exhibit an organization's authentic interest in the well-being of its employees, they also prove most valuable to the corporation, as well as the employee, in the long-term."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV