The Babcock & Wilcox Company (B&W) (NYSE:BWC) has learned of the Government Accountability Office (GAO) decision to dismiss as premature most of the protest filed by Nuclear Production Partners, LLC (NP 2). This protest was filed in regard to the corrective action taken by the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) after GAO sustained NP 2’s initial protest of the combined management and operating contract award for the Y-12 National Security Complex (Y-12) and Pantex Plant (Pantex).
“With the agency maintaining that most of NP 2’s protest is premature, we look forward to NNSA’s next steps in the process, knowing the strength of our proposal and team,” said George Dudich, President, Babcock & Wilcox Technical Services Group, Inc. “In the meantime, we remain focused on operating Y-12 and Pantex safely and securely until a final decision on the contract is made.”
NP 2 submitted the additional information requested by the NNSA Contracting Officer’s notice letter to NP 2, dated June 6, 2013, after NP 2’s first protest was sustained.
About B&WHeadquartered in Charlotte, N.C., The Babcock & Wilcox Company is a leader in clean energy technology and services, primarily for the nuclear, fossil and renewable power markets, as well as a premier advanced technology and mission critical defense contractor. B&W has locations worldwide and employs approximately 12,000 people, in addition to approximately 10,400 joint venture employees. Learn more at www.babcock.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV