Sept. 24, 2013
/PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board today announced that public hearings to determine the eligibility and suitability of the six applicants vying for the remaining Category 2 license to operate a casino in the
City of Philadelphia
will be held
, 29, and 30, 2014.
The six hearings will begin each day at
and be held in Room 114 of the
Convention Center in
. The order of appearance before the Board will be determined at a later date.
A Category 2 stand-alone license enables the casino operator to have up to 5,000 slot machines and 250 table games. Applicants, along with the stated location of the casino, are:
- Tower Entertainment, LLC (The Provence) at 400 North Broad Street
- Market East Associates (Casino Philadelphia) at 8th and Market Street
- Wynn PA, Inc. (Wynn Philadelphia) at 2001 Beach Street, and 2001 through 2005 Richmond Street
- PHL Local Gaming, LLC (Casino Revolution) at 3333 South Front Street
- PA Gaming Ventures, LLC (Hollywood Casino Philadelphia) at 700 Packer Avenue
- Stadium Casino, LLC (Live! Hotel and Casino) at 900 Packer Avenue
The hearings will provide the Board with an opportunity to hear directly from the applicants on their eligibility for a Category 2 license, suitability to gain licensure, and why their project is better than the other applicants.
At the hearing, the Board members will also question applicants about their operational and financial suitability, diversity plans, community impact, plans for the prevention of compulsive gaming and other issues. That information will become part of the evidentiary record as will information gathered by the PGCB's Bureaus of Investigations and Enforcement and Licensing, along with input gathered earlier through public input hearings in
written comments from the public and elected officials.
Once the evidentiary record is closed, the Board can consider an award of this Category 2 license.