PHOENIX, Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Con-way Freight, a less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier and subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW), today recognized Ina Daly, a veteran driver sales representative from the company's Phoenix service center, as the first woman in history to capture first place in a competition class at the trucking industry's premier safety and skills competition, the American Trucking Associations' National Truck Driving Championships (NTDC).
The company honored Daly for her championship performance in the Tank Truck class with a special ceremony at its Phoenix service center. During the ceremony, she was presented with a personalized Con-way Freight tractor and a special monetary award in recognition of her milestone achievement.
"Ina accomplished what no woman has in three-quarters of a century," said Greg Lehmkuhl, president of Con-way Freight. "Her commitment to safety and professional excellence serves as the gold standard for which every driver across the country can aspire."Daly's driving prowess is matched by her thorough knowledge of her profession. She was only one of five competitors, across all divisions, who earned a perfect score on the written exam portion of the championship competition. She accomplished the same feat during the 2010 Championships. "Driving is not just a profession for me, it's a passion. I've been a driver for 32 years, all the while focused on the top three things my father taught me about driving: be courteous, patient and always willing to slow down no matter how much of a rush you think you are in," said Daly. "I'm proud to drive for a company that shares safety as the most important part of the job and thankful for the recognition and support I've received from Con-way Freight over the years."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV