– Booth Number 2449 – iCAD, Inc. (Nasdaq: ICAD), an industry-leading provider of advanced image analysis, workflow solutions and radiation therapy for the early identification and treatment of cancer, today announced that positive data using the Company’s Xoft ® Axxent ® Electronic Brachytherapy System ® to treat non-melanoma skin cancer (NMSC) were presented today at the American Society of Radiation Oncology’s (ASTRO) 55 th Annual Meeting being held from September 22-25, 2013 in Atlanta. The data show that at three years post-treatment, patients who had high dose rate (HDR) electronic brachytherapy with the Xoft System had good cosmesis, low toxicity levels and no recurrences. The Xoft System is the only electronic brachytherapy system with peer reviewed published clinical data supporting its use in skin cancer. More than 2,000 NMSC patients have been successfully treated with the Xoft System.
Ajay Bhatnagar, MD, MBA, Cancer Treatment Services Arizona, Affiliate of 21 st Century Oncology, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and DermEbx, presented clinical outcomes data on 187 patients with 275 NMSC lesions treated with HDR electronic brachytherapy with surface applicators, using the Xoft System. One-year data on this patient cohort was published in the journal Brachytherapy in March/April 2013.
“At three years post-treatment, we are continuing to see highly encouraging results with the Xoft System related to cosmesis and toxicity with no recurrences in non-melanoma skin cancer patients treated with HDR electronic brachytherapy,” said Dr. Bhatnagar. “We’ve found the Xoft System to be an ideal option for many patients, including the elderly, as the treatment schedule is convenient and it is significantly less invasive, allowing patients to complete their treatment plan and get back to their lives.”
“We are pleased with the positive data and successful outcomes for those patients treated with the Xoft System for non-melanoma skin cancer. Dr. Bhatnagar’s study demonstrates the effectiveness of the technology three years post-treatment—a significant milestone for the radiation oncology community,” said Ken Ferry, President and CEO of iCAD. “Evidence is mounting in favor of this convenient, non-surgical, and effective treatment option that allows more skin cancer patients to receive radiation therapy.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV