JACKSON, Mich., Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumers Energy is stationing three new mobile storm units across Michigan to help crews restore power more quickly after damaging storms.
The 53-foot long box semi-trailers will be staffed during storm deployment by company storeroom personnel and are ready to roll out with short notice. The units are equipped with items most often needed for storm work: cross arms, insulators, coils of wire, hardware and other equipment.
Strategically located in Grand Rapids, Jackson and Cadillac, the mobile storm units will be deployed to areas where powerful storms are forecast to hit, and will serve as staging areas for crews performing service restoration."Bringing the storeroom to the field will reduce travel and help our lineworkers involved in storm restoration focus on what they do best -- making repairs and getting the lights back on for customers safely," said Michele Kirkland, Consumers Energy's vice president of energy operations. "This initiative will shorten outages and help us keep our Promise to provide reliable energy service for our customers." The mobile storm units were outfitted in Grand Rapids, and are being delivered to their home headquarters this week. Reinforcing its commitment to Pure Michigan Business Connect, Consumers Energy hired Grand Rapids-based Giant Graphics to apply visuals to the units, which feature photographs of four Consumers Energy field employees in action. Consumers Energy, Michigan's largest utility, is the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy (NYSE: CMS), providing natural gas and electricity to 6.6 million of the state's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties. For more information regarding Consumers Energy, go to: www.ConsumersEnergy.com or join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/consumersenergymichigan Media toolkit:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV