ST. LOUIS, Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) today announced that it completed a new secured credit facility, including an expanded five-year $1.65 billion revolver due in 2018 and a seven-year $1.2 billion term loan due in 2020. The new credit facility replaces the company's $1.5 billion revolver and $1.2 billion term loans due in 2015 and 2016.
"Peabody elected to capitalize on attractive market conditions and refinance our existing credit facility to extend maturities and increase our liquidity and financial flexibility," said Peabody Energy Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Michael C. Crews. "We continue to benefit from our diversified global portfolio and remain focused on operational excellence, cost containment, capital discipline and debt reduction."
The term loan has no financial covenants, and the new revolver covenants significantly increase financial flexibility by modifying the leverage and interest coverage calculations.
Peabody Energy is the world's largest private-sector coal company and a global leader in sustainable mining and clean coal solutions. The company serves metallurgical and thermal coal customers in more than 25 countries on six continents. For further information, go to PeabodyEnergy.com and CoalCanDoThat.com.CONTACT: Vic Svec(314) 342-7768 (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120724/CG44353LOGO) SOURCE Peabody Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV