News Summary: ADM Seeks New Global Headquarters
By The Associated Press
MOVING THE HQ: Archer Daniels Midland Co. is looking to move its global headquarters and 100 high-level jobs out of the central Illinois city of Decatur where it has been since the 1960s. The news has left its employees on edge.
REASSURRANCE: The big agricultural processor says it won't lay off anyone. Decatur will become the international firm's North American headquarters. But it wants a global headquarters more accessible to global customers and appealing to employees and their families.
WORRIES PERSIST: Unemployment is high in Decatur â¿¿ 13.2 percent in July. Another big employer, Caterpillar Inc., laid off hundreds this year. Some people worry that ADM could move more jobs. "Right now (ADM is) the only thing going on around here," said 36-year-old unemployed contractor Shawn Flaherty.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV