1. As of noon trading, FirstEnergy ( FE) is down $0.31 (-0.8%) to $37.33 on light volume. Thus far, 1.0 million shares of FirstEnergy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $37.07-$37.75 after having opened the day at $37.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.64. FirstEnergy Corp., a diversified energy holding company, engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity in the United States. The company operates in Regulated Distribution, Regulated Transmission, and Competitive Energy Services segments. FirstEnergy has a market cap of $15.3 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are down 12.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates FirstEnergy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates FirstEnergy as a hold. The company's strongest point has been its expanding profit margins. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Get the full FirstEnergy Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the utilities sector could consider Utilities Select Sector SPDR ( XLU) while those bearish on the utilities sector could consider ProShares UltraShort Utilities ( SDP).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts