2. As of noon trading, VMware ( VMW) is down $1.69 (-2.0%) to $83.64 on heavy volume. Thus far, 1.4 million shares of VMware exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $82.82-$84.60 after having opened the day at $84.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.33. VMware, Inc. provides virtualization infrastructure solutions in the United States and internationally. VMware has a market cap of $11.3 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 7.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate VMware a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates VMware as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full VMware Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts