2. As of noon trading, Nucor ( NUE) is up $0.47 (0.9%) to $50.35 on average volume. Thus far, 1.2 million shares of Nucor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $49.80-$50.47 after having opened the day at $49.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.88. Nucor Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of steel and steel products in North America and internationally. It operates through three segments: Steel Mills, Steel Products, and Raw Materials. Nucor has a market cap of $16.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are up 16.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Nucor a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Nucor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Get the full Nucor Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts