1. As of noon trading, Merck ( MRK) is up $0.27 (0.6%) to $47.95 on average volume. Thus far, 6.7 million shares of Merck exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $47.57-$48.22 after having opened the day at $47.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.68. Merck & Co., Inc. provides various health solutions through its prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, animal health, and consumer care products worldwide. Merck has a market cap of $140.5 billion and is part of the drugs industry. Shares are up 17.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Merck a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Merck as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Merck Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the health care sector could consider Health Care Select Sector SPDR ( XLV) while those bearish on the health care sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Health Care ( RXD).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts