CorEnergy Infrastructure (NYSE: CORR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.10%. CorEnergy Infrastructure Trust, Inc. is a trust launched and managed by Corridor InfraTrust Management, LLC. The trust primarily owns midstream and downstream U.S. energy infrastructure assets subject to long-term triple net participating leases with energy companies. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.22. The average volume for CorEnergy Infrastructure has been 54,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. CorEnergy Infrastructure has a market cap of $169.1 million and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 16.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates CorEnergy Infrastructure as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CORR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 12.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 254.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 208.65% to $6.46 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CORENERGY INFRASTRUCTURE TR has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.75%.
- 42.78% is the gross profit margin for CORENERGY INFRASTRUCTURE TR which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, CORR's net profit margin of 0.92% significantly trails the industry average.
- CORENERGY INFRASTRUCTURE TR has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CORENERGY INFRASTRUCTURE TR increased its bottom line by earning $1.35 versus $0.31 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 83.3% in earnings ($0.23 versus $1.35).
- The share price of CORENERGY INFRASTRUCTURE TR has not done very well: it is down 21.45% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full CorEnergy Infrastructure Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.