CHICAGO, Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fifth Third Bank Chicago today announced plans to honor three prominent leaders from Chicago's Hispanic community at a special reception celebrating Hispanic Heritage month on Tuesday, October 8, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Carnivale Chicago, 702 W. Fulton Market. Each honoree will receive a crystal award and a $5,300 scholarship in their name that will be awarded to an area high school student.
- Tsi-Tsi-Ki Felix (founder and executive producer of Univision's "Al Aire con Tsi-tsi-ki."). Felix is a dynamic, influential and visionary Emmy Award-winning news anchor and television personality who serves as a prominent voice for the Hispanic community. She is a prolific spokesperson on issues as wide-ranging as politics, finances, health, women and family. In addition to her award winning journalism career, Felix is also an entrepreneur, having recently launched a makeup line for women of color that will benefit non-profits that are in the business of empowering women.
- Juan Gaytan, Jr., (president & CEO, Monterrey Security). Gaytan is president and CEO of Monterrey Security and a 12-year Chicago Police Department veteran. Under the direction of Gaytan, Monterrey Security, a Chicago-based provider of private protection and security services, is the sole minority security provider for the NFL. His company has been featured in "Hispanic Business Magazine" as one of the Fastest 100 Growing Hispanic Businesses in the U.S. and his commitment to the community is lifelong and impactful.
- Maria Pesqueira (president & CEO, Mujeres Latinas en Accion). When your middle name is "Socorro" – the Spanish word for "aid" – helping people must be ingrained in your DNA. Or so it seems with Pesqueira, the CEO and president of Mujeres Latinas en Accion (Latin Women in Action), a social service agency in Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood that assists upwards of 7,000 families. Founded in 1973 to help runaway teens, it has morphed into an organization that assists victims of sexual abuse and domestic violence. Today, it also offers child care, after-school tutoring, parenting classes, along with a variety of health resources and other programs.
"We are delighted to take time during Hispanic Heritage Month to celebrate the community, its history, culture and people and to honor Tsi-Tsi-Ki, Juan and Maria with namesake scholarships to help pay it forward in their spirit and legacy," said Robert A. Sullivan, president & CEO, Fifth Third Bank Chicago. "Each of our honorees has demonstrated a commitment to positive, impactful change and that inspires us."
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $118 billion in assets and operates 15 affiliates with 1,322 full-service Banking Centers, including 105 Bank Mart® locations open seven days a week inside select grocery stores and 2,409 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third also has a 39% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC, formerly Fifth Third Processing Solutions, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of June 30, 2012, had $291 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $25 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. Fifth Third's common stock is traded on the NASDAQ® National Global Select Market under the symbol "FITB." Fifth Third Bank. Member FDIC.
Media Contact: Andrew Hayes, 312-823-4333SOURCE Fifth Third Bank Chicago
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV