China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech Ltd. Stock Downgraded (CNTF)
- CHINA TECHFAITH WIRELESS-ADR has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, CHINA TECHFAITH WIRELESS-ADR swung to a loss, reporting -$0.06 versus $0.51 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 35.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.71 million to -$0.97 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, CHINA TECHFAITH WIRELESS-ADR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CHINA TECHFAITH WIRELESS-ADR is currently extremely low, coming in at 12.58%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -3.16% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 30.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts