NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- While there has been confusion about whether homebuilders are increasing or decreasing production, TheStreet's Jim Cramer tells Debra Borchardt what he is focusing on.
Lennar (LEN) reported earnings on Tuesday morning, and Cramer will be looking for three major things in the conference call: cancellations, orders and traffic flow.
While production is about one-third of what it was in 2005-07, Cramer said if affordability and mortgage rates have played a role, it could result in another leg lower for the stock price.
However, if the move higher in rates didn't play a large role, it could boost Lennar, which is down 9% this year, and boost other homebuilders, too.While mortgage rates are still relatively low on a historical basis, the move higher from just a few months ago was enough to turn prospective home buyers away, Cramer said. He concluded that while there have been a few hot markets, particularly in California and New York City, many home buyers now feel like they have missed the boat. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV