For eBay it's not so clear because eBay itself isn't selling the products, third party and often mom and pop operations are. If eBay can locate lockers throughout the United States, it may turn into a competitive advantage over Amazon.
eBay trades at an estimated forward price-to-earnings ratio less than 18, while Amazon's requires an oxygen mask at more than 110, and Sears isn't expected to produce a profit within the next 12 months. Count on eBay to close the Amazon gap quickly.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV