OWINGS MILLS, Md., Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Medifast, Inc. (NYSE: MED), a leading United States manufacturer and provider of clinically proven, portion-controlled weight-loss products and programs, announced today the opening of the first international Medifast Weight Control Center in Mexico City. Medifast's partnership with Medix, a leader in pharmaceutical obesity products, provides the opportunity to expand distribution of Medifast products throughout Mexico, Central America and South America.
The Mexico City Medifast Weight Control Center hosted a widely attended grand opening on September 19, 2013. It is the first of approximately 30 Centers Medix plans to open over the next several years and complements the plans already underway to distribute Medifast products throughout the Medix physician base."Just this year, Mexico surpassed the United States in levels of adult obesity. The partnership between Medifast and Medix will help us reach the significant number of adults in Mexico, Central America and South America who are overweight or obese," said Michael MacDonald, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Medifast, Inc. "We are excited to work with Medix in opening the first of many Centers that will offer Medifast products and programs." "For the treatment of obesity, it is necessary to take an integrated approach," said Carlos Lopez Patan, Medix Chief Executive Officer. "The Medifast program offers individuals the ability to acquire healthier eating habits in combination with physical activity and the support of specialists, and this combination helps people reach their ideal weight." Medifast products and programs have been recommended by more than 20,000 doctors since 1980. Medifast provides clinically proven plans designed not only to help members lose weight, but to learn how to keep it off long term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV