BUFFALO, N.Y., Sept. 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- First Niagara Financial Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:FNFG) today announced the promotion of Tom Faughnan to Senior Director of Residential Mortgage. Faughnan will be responsible for developing and executing on the company's overall strategy and financial goals as well as managing day-to-day operations for the company's residential mortgage business. He joined First Niagara in 2010 as Senior Vice President of Residential Lending.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=21146
"Tom has played a pivotal role in formulating and executing on our current strategic initiatives in the Residential Mortgage business," said Andy Fornarola, Executive Vice President and Managing Director of Consumer Finance. "He is the ideal person to help us further our strategy to become a leading residential mortgage lender across our four-state footprint. Tom and his mortgage team will also work closely with our retail banking team to further enhance First Niagara's value proposition to our deposit customers."Faughnan has more than 35 years experience in the financial services industry. Prior to First Niagara, he was the Chief Executive Officer and Director at Home Funding Finders, and served in leadership roles at Coldwell Banker, and the New York Business Development Group. Faughnan is a graduate of the School of Consumer Lending at Fairfield University, and the School of Mortgage Banking at University of Maryland. Active in the community, he has served on the board and held the position of President of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Upstate NY/VT Chapter and was a member of the South Colonie Board of Education.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV