This is largely very good news for German companies. Siemens (SA), one of the most important bellweathers of the German economy, has just finished a management shake-up after Merkel pressed for one. Falling sales there made the prospect of rising taxes or environmental costs all the more frightening. Some analysts are upgrading their outlook for the firm – Finviz lists an average ' buy rating' while Zacks is still listing the stock as a 'hold' (see below).
Europe's second largest economy, France, has had an excellent summer as well. The country surprised the world and bolstered European indices by releasing a higher-than-expected Purchasing Managers Index (PMI). PMI looks at a number of "sub-indicators" of economic health like how much businesses are adding to things like staff and inventory.
Read more from Kapitall about France: France’s Recovery: Time to Look at Eurozone Stocks?France's PMI is now over 50 for the first time in 19 months – the benchmark a country must pass before it is considered to be in expansion. The upgrade may prompt economists to augment France's GDP projections as well. We compiled a list of French and German stocks with average 'buy' ratings. Are they poised for future growth? Use the interactive charts below to begin your own analysis. &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;p&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;Your browser does not support iframes.&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/p&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt; 1. CGG SA ( CGG): Provides geophysical equipment and geophysical services for the oil and gas exploration and production industry in North America, Central and South Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific. Market cap at $4.46B, most recent closing price at $25.09.
2. Deutsche Bank AG ( DB): Provides investment, financial, and related products and services. Market cap at $47.61B, most recent closing price at $47.69.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV