VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ACL today announced that through use of ACL™ Analytics Exchange (AX), Dean Foods® (NYSE:DF), the largest U.S. processor and distributor of milk, has achieved several significant corporate milestones. Through implementation of ACL technology, the company has improved efficiency in meeting Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT User Provisioning control requirements, reduced reliance on manual reviews, increased collaboration among the company's IT and Internal Audit departments, and cut technology licensing and third-party audit costs by 50%.
Due to a recent, rapid period of growth resulting from a string of acquisitions, Dean Foods faced the challenge of bringing together several different databases, ERP systems, and order-to-cash processes. Access rules varied widely from one system to the next and the IT department had a very inefficient process to monitor privileged user activities. In order to implement a centralized monitoring system with robust SOX controls, Dean Foods launched an IT-driven automation project, implementing AX as the technology of choice.
"ACL's internal control analytics software has been a great help as we automate our processes and streamline critical systems," said Chris Jackson , User Provisioning Process Owner at Dean Foods. "We've been able to improve efficiency in meeting Sarbanes-Oxley IT control requirements and drastically cut time spent on manual analysis of privileged user activities."
As a result of the implementation, Dean Foods has gained assurance that controls operate effectively to mitigate risk. By enabling access to and analysis of data from any source, the company can now efficiently monitor user access activity across every company system. In addition, the use of ACL technology has assisted the company in successfully passing a full-year SOX IT User Provisioning audit."Explosive, sudden growth through M&A activity commonly leads to fragmented business systems and databases, making it difficult to manage risk," said Aaron Werth , Director of Consulting Services at ACL. "By establishing an automated process to close the loop on control exceptions, AX technology efficiently enables more robust internal controls and risk mitigation." To read the full case study, visit: http://www.acl.com/portfolio/dean-foods/ Supporting resources:
- To learn more about ACL Analytics Exchange, visit: www.acl.com/solutions/products/acl-analytics-exchange
- For the latest news and views on compliance, risk, fraud and audit, visit: www.acl.com/blog
- Follow ACL on Twitter: @ACLServices
- Join ACL on LinkedIn: www.acl.com/LinkedIn
- Like ACL on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ACLServices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV