Sharing Courage Online Community
All of the inspirational stories from our associates can be found at www.sharingcourage.com, an interactive website dedicated to raising breast cancer awareness. Kroger customers, associates and their friends are also encouraged to show their support and encouragement through our Sharing Courage online community, where they can:
- Show support by clicking to download a digital pink ribbon to their shopper card. When one million customers have downloaded the special digital ribbon, www.kroger.com and other digital media from the Kroger family of stores, including the mobile apps, Facebook and Twitter pages, will turn pink to raise awareness.
- Post words of encouragement for a loved one or the community at large on the Wall of Hope at www.sharingcourage.com or www.facebook.com/sharingcourage.
- Show Your Courage at www.facebook.com/sharingcourage by stamping your Facebook profile photo or cover photo with a Sharing Courage graphic.
Kroger's campaign features a store-wide sales promotion of popular items, many of which will feature exclusive, specially-marked pink packaging. This year, 1,600 items, including Kroger's own products and popular items from Kroger partners including, Campbell's, Dannon, Energizer, Frito Lay, General Mills, Jimmy Dean, Kimberly Clark, Kraft, Nestle, Pepperidge Farm, Pepsi, Post, Purina, Sargento, Snapple, and SC Johnson will be marked with special shelf tags to highlight participation. The full list of partners can be viewed at http://www.sharingcourage.com/#/partners.
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs 343,000 associates who serve customers in 2,418 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 783 convenience stores, 326 fine jewelry stores, 1,195 supermarket fuel centers and 37 food processing plants in the U.S. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 200 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. A leader in supplier diversity, Kroger is a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable and the U.S. Hispanic Chamber's Million Dollar Club.SOURCE The Kroger Co.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts