A record 800 retail investors with a goal of becoming more experienced, educated traders and investors are gathered in Orlando today for the 2013 Investor Education Conference by Investools ® from TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE:AMTD). Attendees weighed in on their top financial concerns and key takeaways from the conference thus far.
Investor BuzzInvestors weighed in on their top reasons for attending the conference and most anticipated learnings:
- Attendees said their top reasons for attending the conference are to learn key investing strategies and to network with experienced professionals and peers.
- The most highly anticipated learning among attendees is portfolio strategies, followed by how to use options.
Investors also voted on their top financial concerns today. Traders and long-term investors alike are concerned about the political issues of the day, and how those issues impact their personal financial situation:
- Your Personal Financial Situation (36%)
- Economic Turmoil around the Globe (34%)
- Current Strategy for Investing Your Money (28%)
The tight spread indicates that all three of these issues are on the minds of investors today.“That’s not surprising when you consider the Syrian situation which is injecting more uncertainty into the markets,” said JJ Kinahan, chief strategist at TD Ameritrade. “However, the great thing about uncertainty is that it allows for opportunity.” Kinahan, who taught a session titled “The Wide World of Options Uncovered” to conference attendees yesterday, said the most asked questions were about “ trading the Fed Taper; stocks that benefit from Obamacare; and whether the last quarter of 2013 will finish strong.” The options courses at the conference have been the most popular – over 40 percent of those attending registered for a course in the Options Track. Attendees had three tracks of courses to choose from —Portfolio, Options, or Stocks—and could mix-and-match for a completely customized conference experience, based on what best fits their education needs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV