Mentor Graphics Corp. (NASDAQ:MENT), announced today that Bell Helicopter, a leading manufacturer of rotary wing aircraft, has been able to significantly streamline their wiring design processes on the Bell 525 Relentless program as part of its Business System Modernization systems upgrade. Bell Helicopter achieved this improvement by adopting transformational technology delivered by Mentor Graphics® Capital® product family. The Bell 525 Relentless is the first commercial helicopter to incorporate fly-by-wire control, and is scheduled to first fly in 2014.
Bell Helicopter has been able to significantly streamline their wiring design processes on the Bell 525 Relentless by using Mentor Graphics Capital(R) product family. (Photo: Business Wire)
The Capital suite is an advanced software suite for the electrical system and wire harness domain. Used by leading aerospace OEMs, the Capital suite is built to support the complex demands of integrated processes from initial aircraft definition through electrical system and design, harness manufacture and aircraft maintenance.
To integrate the electronic systems of this sophisticated platform, Bell Helicopter used the Capital suite’s generative design technology. This process merges systems definition and platform packaging data with architectural design constraints to synthesize wiring and generate design documentation.
This methodology is new to the aerospace industry and provided multiple benefits. The synthesis technology gave Bell a means to evaluate alternative systems integration architectures very quickly in order to determine the optimum, for example to minimize platform weight. The Capital suite’s generative design capabilities provided Bell Helicopter engineers the ability to evaluate change impact more easily and move decisions to earlier points in the design cycle, where the cost and effort of making changes is relatively low.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV