NTS, Inc. (NYSE MKT:NTS) (TASE:NTS) (“NTS” or “the Company”) announces that it has connected its first fiber customer in Ponchatoula, Louisiana. The Company began connecting customers in Louisiana in April 2013.
The NTS fiber build out began with select markets in Texas, where the Company currently provides its fiber offerings to 18 towns, including metro builds focused on the business communities in Wichita Falls and Abilene. When completed, the NTS fiber network in Louisiana is expected to include the communities of Hammond, Ponchatoula, Natalbany, Tickfaw, Independence and Amite, Louisiana, and a wireless service extension overlay will also bring advanced broadband services to towns in the St. Helena, Washington and Tangipahoa Parishes. The build out is expected to add approximately 11,500 fiber passings, bringing the Company’s total FTTP passings to approximately 53,000. The Louisiana network expansion is being funded using a portion of approximately $100 million in federal stimulus funding.
Mr. Guy Nissenson, Chairman, President and CEO of NTS commented, “We are pleased to have begun adding customers in our newest market, Ponchatoula, Louisiana. We’ve seen strong adoption rates for our high speed triple play offering in Hammond, Louisiana, and we look forward to bringing advanced broadband to more customers in Ponchatoula during the coming weeks. We continue to make solid progress building out the rest of our markets in southeastern Louisiana.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV