IXYS Corporation (NASDAQ:IXYS), a leader in power semiconductors, mixed-signal and digital ICs for power conversion and motion control applications, announced today the introduction of the PCX-7401 precision laser diode driver and current source by its IXYS Colorado division. This instrument provides precision pulsed current with accurate microprocessor-based digital power control.
The PCX-7401 is an air-cooled, bench-top current source featuring separate pulse and bias current adjustment designed to drive diode lasers, bars and arrays up to 3A with a bias (simmer) current up to 0.5A at 15V maximum forward voltage. Leveraging the proven design of the popular and successful PCX-7420 high power laser diode driver, the PCX-7401 expands IXYS Colorado’s product offerings to enable a new range of lower-current laser diode applications for research, laboratory, scientific and industrial applications.
Utilizing one of several communication choices standard with the PCX-7401, users can easily develop automated testing and characterization configurations which can be stored in the instrument’s on-board memory. It may also be operated through its intuitive front panel controls. The color LCD provides immediate visual confirmation of all operating parameters.
- 0A – 3A Output Current – high current capability with 0 – 0.5A bias and an additional 3.0A of laser pulse current.
- Fast Rise and Fall Times – less than 100nS for high speed applications.
- Pulsed output from 100nS to DC.
- Forward Voltages up to 15V – combining higher current and a 15V capability, the PCX-7401 provides flexibility to test both single diodes and arrays.
- Output Bias (Simmer) Current.
- Diode and Driver Safety – safety features include over current limit, open load detection and diode steering (prevents reverse current).
- Ease of Operation – intuitive touch screen interface.
- Ethernet, USB & RS232 all standard.
- CE and RoHS compliant – the PCX-7401 is compliant with both the CE and RoHS standards.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts