NEW YORK, Sept. 24 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A joint study issued by the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) and Neustar, Inc. (NYSE:NSR) revealed that a staggering 85 percent of marketers believe that mobile is a gateway to new markets and audiences. Additionally, 80 percent of respondents cited that mobile is not only transformational for their companies, but also strategic for their careers to stay on the cutting edge of emerging trends and technology. The survey identified that data offers significant value when paired with mobile as 61 percent of companies plan to invest more in data capabilities over the next year.
The data was reported in the " Marketers Guide to Mobile and Data," which surveyed 400 companies across the consumer product and service categories. Questions focused on how marketers perceive mobile, the impact achieved with mobile tactics, as well as the strategic advantage of data. Research was conducted by Research Now and unveiled today at the MMA's Advertising Week conference, SM2.
Key findings of the study indicate that marketers have embraced the combination of mobile and data as a vital component of the marketing mix:
- 40 percent said that mobile is a top priority for their brand and core to their overall marketing strategy
- An additional 34 percent activated a strategic vision for mobile and continue to test new tactics in order to gain experience with the channel
- The combination of mobile and data was cited as a "game changer" with 65 percent of marketers indicating that data delivers a competitive advantage for their business
- 36 percent of companies use data to justify and influence all marketing decisions
"Mobile has transcended boundaries, evolving beyond its role as a connection or convergence device. Marketers no longer ask 'why mobile' because the future health of their brands directly depends on mobile's role as a marketing vehicle," said Greg Stuart, CEO, MMA. "There is no denying that mobile is business transformational and the survey results prove that mobile has advanced from an afterthought to the first thought when mapping out a marketing strategy."In terms of "how" marketers are employing mobile, most companies kick-start their mobile efforts with familiar or mainstream tactics such as mobile apps (65 percent). Social media (60 percent), video (57 percent) and search (56 percent) were also reported as emerging and up-and-coming investments in mobile.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV