CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Sept. 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:AEGR), an emerging biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics to treat debilitating and often fatal rare diseases, announced today its alliance with The FH Foundation in observance of the annual Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH) Awareness Day.
"We support The FH Foundation in their mission, and are committed to increasing awareness about familial hypercholesterolemia, a very serious and often undiagnosed disease that effects patients and their families," said Marc D. Beer, Chief Executive Officer of Aegerion.
Familial hypercholesterolemia (FH) is a serious, genetic condition, and one of the most common inherited disorders. A person with FH is unable to remove the cholesterol that our bodies naturally produce and as a result, their blood cholesterol levels increase significantly. There are two forms of the disease: in heterozygous FH (HeFH), the genetic defect causing the impairment is inherited from one parent; and in homozygous FH (HoFH), the defect is inherited from both parents. HoFH is the most severe form of the disorder.To learn more about familial hypercholesterolemia, visit www.thefhfoundation.org or see Dr. Pam Morris, a lipidologist at the University of South Carolina, discuss the disorder on " The Balancing Act." About Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Aegerion Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development and commercialization of innovative, life-altering therapies for patients with debilitating, often fatal, rare diseases. For more information about the company, please visit www.aegerion.com .
CONTACT: Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Amanda Murphy Manager, Investor Relations & Public Relations 857-242-5024
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV