Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ: CY) today provided updated third-quarter guidance, as well as preliminary guidance on fourth-quarter business trends.
Brad Buss, executive vice president and chief financial officer said, “We are seeing greater than expected weakness in our mobile handset revenues, mainly within Asia, due to a customer push out of certain new handset programs to Q1, as well as order reductions at various end customers in China to balance inventory levels. Unfortunately this is resulting in a negative impact to Q3 revenue that was not anticipated in our original guidance.
Buss continued, “By geography, the weakness is mainly in Asia. By end market, the majority of the weakness is in mobile handsets and to a lesser degree in the PC market. Greater than 70% of our revenue traditionally has come from distributors and the final week of September is our largest week of the quarter, and, as such, our revised revenue estimates could vary significantly. Lead-times also continue to be near historical lows, reducing revenue visibility for Cypress and our distribution partners.
“Our preliminary, consolidated third-quarter 2013 financial results are now estimated to be:
- Consolidated revenue of $184 million to $187 million, lower than our prior guidance
- Non-GAAP gross margins of 53.5% to 54.0%, higher than our prior guidance
- Non-GAAP operating expenses of $77 million to $78 million, lower than our prior guidance
- Non-GAAP fully diluted earnings per share of $0.10 to $0.12, lower than our prior guidance
- GAAP loss per basic share of ($0.11) to ($0.09), lower than our prior guidance
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts