ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, today announced its next-generation, AllClear® handheld screener with enhanced metal detection capabilities for security and loss prevention applications. The enhanced AllClear screener now has an integrated metal detector that allows users to more accurately detect metallic objects, as well as ceramics, plastics, liquids, gels, powders and paper that may be concealed on a person's body. Microsemi is demonstrating its AllClear screener in booth 276 at the 59 th Annual ASIS International tradeshow in Chicago now through Sept. 26.
AllClear is the world's first handheld image-free screener incorporating passive millimeter wave detection technology. The battery-powered AllClear provides a high level of concealed object detection by detecting extremely small changes in naturally produced millimeter waves caused by objects concealed on the body. This is achieved without emitting any radiation and without generating any image. This allows users to detect concealed objects without revealing anatomical details to protect privacy. AllClear also alleviates the need for intrusive pat-downs, further negating privacy concerns.Microsemi's AllClear handheld screener can be used for a wide range of security and loss prevention applications. Examples include:
- Employee/visitor screening: Warehouses, retail or manufacturing distribution and fulfillment centers;
- Screening checkpoints: Military installations, courthouses, border crossings, and prisons; government, private and public buildings;
- High-security Installations: Petrochemical plants, nuclear facilities, national monuments, and other critical infrastructure;
- VIP protection;
- Passenger Screening: Ground, water, rail and air; and
- Event Venues: Sporting locations, and cultural events.