Global alternative asset manager
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) today released the latest in its
ValuCast audio podcast series, featuring
a panel of experts from the Global Energy field and moderated by Steve Mufson, an Energy Correspondent with the Washington Post. This panel discussion was recorded live at Carlyle’s annual Investor Conference in Washington, DC.
- Marcel van Poecke, Head of Carlyle’s International Energy Platform
- Bob Mancini, Co-Head of Carlyle’s Power Investing business
- Ken Hersh, CEO of NGP Energy Capital Management, a Carlyle energy partner
- David Albert, Co-Head of Carlyle’s Energy Mezzanine team
- Implications of abundant shale gas reserves in the United States
- Alternative sources of capital for energy companies
- How the power markets are changing as a result of increased gas supplies
- Energy investment climate/opportunities outside the United States
- The role that crude oil prices play in investment decisions
ValuCast podcasts are available on the Market Commentary section of
Carlyle.com. To subscribe to the
ValuCast series, visit iTunes or Carlyle’s
Alerts and Subscriptions page.
About The Carlyle Group
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) is a global alternative asset manager with $180 billion of assets under management across 118 funds and 81 fund of funds vehicles as of June 30, 2013. Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, many of whom are public pensions. Carlyle invests across four segments – Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Market Strategies and Global Solutions – in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, North America and South America. Carlyle has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation. The Carlyle Group employs more than 1,400 people in 34 offices across six continents.