Operators Restart Unit 2 At PPL Susquehanna After Completing Turbine Inspection
BERWICK, Pa., Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Operators at the Susquehanna nuclear power plant reconnected the Unit 2 generator to the regional electric grid Tuesday (9/24) after completing an inspection of its turbines.
Workers replaced a small number of turbine blades, which had indications of cracking, and performed some minor repairs in areas of the plant that are accessible only when the unit is shut down. Plant engineers will continue to closely monitor the performance of the blades.
Unit 1 is operating at full power.
The Susquehanna plant, located in Luzerne County about seven miles north of Berwick, is owned jointly by PPL Susquehanna LLC and Allegheny Electric Cooperative Inc. and is operated by PPL Susquehanna.PPL Susquehanna LLC is one of PPL Corporation's generating affiliates. PPL Corporation, with annual revenue of more than $12 billion, is one of the largest companies in the U.S. utility sector. The PPL family of companies delivers electricity and natural gas to about 10 million customers in the United States and the United Kingdom, owns more than 18,000 megawatts of generating capacity in the United States and sells energy in key U.S. markets. More information is available at www.pplsusquehanna.com and www.pplweb.com. SOURCE PPL Susquehanna
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV