Forty-six percent of companies, whose main offering is not security, include cyber security functionality in their product and 8% more plan to add a cyber security component to their core offering.
The study, based on a survey of 216 executives of technology-based companies, is the first in a series of pulse surveys of Silicon Valley Bank's clients intended to give similar firms adequate benchmarks to compare themselves against as they build and run their businesses.
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security. Individuals and businesses are encouraged to learn more about protecting their data. To that end, Silicon Valley Bank will host a webinar on Fraud Prevention at the end of October. Registration information will be available at http://www.svb.com/events.aspx later this month.
About Silicon Valley Bank Banking the world's most innovative companies and exclusive wineries, SVB's diverse financial services, knowledge, global network, and world class service increase our clients' probability of success. With $23 billion in assets and more than 1,600 employees, we provide commercial, international and private banking through 34 locations worldwide. Forbes Magazine ranks us among America's Best Banks and Fortune considered SVB one of the best places to work. (Nasdaq: SIVB) www.svb.com.Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary and the commercial banking operation of SVB Financial Group. Banking services are provided by Silicon Valley Bank, a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. SVB Financial Group is also a member of the Federal Reserve System. SOURCE Silicon Valley Bank
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV