Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SGYP), a developer of new drugs to treat gastrointestinal diseases and disorders, today announced that its President and CEO, Gary S. Jacob, Ph.D., will present at the Aegis Capital 2013 Healthcare Conference being held at The Encore at Wynn Las Vegas, September 25-28. The presentation is scheduled for Saturday, September 28 th at 10:30 a.m. (PDT).
About Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Synergy Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of new drugs to treat patients with gastrointestinal (GI) diseases and disorders. Synergy's lead proprietary drug candidate, plecanatide, is a synthetic analog of the human GI hormone, uroguanylin, and functions by activating the guanylate cyclase-C (GC-C) receptor on epithelial cells of the GI tract. In early 2013, Synergy announced positive results from a large multicenter trial of plecanatide in patients with chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC) and recently completed an end-of-phase 2 meeting with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) covering the registration program for plecanatide to treat CIC. Synergy is also developing plecanatide for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C), recently announcing that it had reached the halfway mark for total enrollment in a plecanatide phase 2b clinical trial in patients with IBS-C. Synergy’s second GC-C agonist, SP-333, is in clinical development to treat inflammatory bowel disease and other GI conditions and has recently completed its first phase I trial in healthy volunteers. More information is available at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV