Finally, the reason that matters to me as a father, the weather and degree of storms isn't any worse now than expected without AGW. Every time a newsworthy storm hits, we receive a second storm of talking heads telling us it's from AGW. It's as if we didn't have storms before we flipped on a light switch.
Again, it comes down to sample sizes and understanding you can't isolate one extreme and rare storm and reasonably draw conclusions from it. In a nutshell, the sky certainly isn't falling, and violent tornadoes, snow fall, Tropical Storms, and hurricanes are not increasing in frequency or intensity during the long-term average.(ANR), Walter Energy (WLT), Arch Coal (ACI), Peabody Energy (BTU) and James River Coal (JRCC). Other winners include power companies that sell electric power including Xcel Energy (XEL), Duke Energy (DUK), Southern Company (SO), American Electric Power (AEP).
Finally, companies that consume large amounts of electricity relative to their revenue and income include
(AMZN) and indirectly through Amazon,
At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV