1. Google Chrome OS: These laptops start at $200 and provide for excellent typing and other basic productivity tasks.
2. Google Android: These tablets are cheap ($100-$350 in most cases) and have 1 million apps.
3. Apple Mac: A proven user-friendly PC operating system starting at $1,000, similar to high-end Windows 8 machines.
4. Apple iPad: Outstanding multimedia machines with 1 million apps.In my view, I see Microsoft continuing to lose share to these four competitive pressure points, and gaining share in no noticeable area. That's big problem for Microsoft. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage. Follow @antonwahlman At the time of publication, the author was long GOOG and AAPL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV