1. Google Chrome OS: These laptops start at $200 and provide for excellent typing and other basic productivity tasks.
2. Google Android: These tablets are cheap ($100-$350 in most cases) and have 1 million apps.
3. Apple Mac: A proven user-friendly PC operating system starting at $1,000, similar to high-end Windows 8 machines.
4. Apple iPad: Outstanding multimedia machines with 1 million apps.In my view, I see Microsoft continuing to lose share to these four competitive pressure points, and gaining share in no noticeable area. That's big problem for Microsoft. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage. Follow @antonwahlman At the time of publication, the author was long GOOG and AAPL.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts