For the third consecutive year, University of Phoenix, a subsidiary of Apollo Group (NASDAQ: APOL), is pleased to partner with The Manufacturing Institute, a non-profit, non-partisan education and research affiliate of the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM), to offer the Manufacturing Institute Scholarship program.
The Manufacturing Institute and University of Phoenix have awarded 10 scholarships to current or transitioning employees in the manufacturing industry and students completing community college or industry-recognized credentials in manufacturing.
This scholarship program facilitates efforts to close the nationwide skills gap within the manufacturing industry, giving employers an avenue to encourage their workforce to attain educational credentials that may help with career success. Each full-tuition scholarship allows a prospective student the opportunity to complete an undergraduate or master’s degree program at any University of Phoenix campus or online.
2013 Manufacturing Institute Scholarship recipients include:
- Anthony Quinn, Illinois, Spare Parts Solutions Inc., bachelor’s degree in science management
- Beau Kush, Washington, Cosmo Specialty Fibers, master’s degree in business administration
- Christopher Davala, North Carolina, Okuma America Corporation, bachelor’s degree in information technology
- Janine Garber, Ohio, Allied Machine and Engineering Corp., master’s degree in business
- Lacey Bera, Wisconsin, Domtar Nekoosa Paper Mill, bachelor’s degree in environmental science
- Lisa Rivera, Florida, Steinwall Scientific, master’s degree in business administration
- Michelle Puch, Illinois, Primrose Candy Company, master’s degree in business administration
- Montez King, Pennsylvania, National Institute of Metal Working Skills, master’s degree in business administration
- Nicole Puch, Illinois, Primrose Candy Company, master’s degree in business administration
- Stacy Payne, Florida, Gibson Guitar Corporation, master’s degree in business administration
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts