ITASCA, Ill., Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG) today announced that it has acquired the fine arts broker team of Jeffrey Haber and Michael Fischman located in New York, New York. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
As partners, Jeffrey Haber and Michael Fischman provide retail insurance products and risk management services for their clients throughout the United States. They are one of the largest brokerage teams in the country that specialize in insurance coverage for art galleries and dealers, museums and high net worth collectors. They also provide commercial retail insurance coverage for the real estate and retail industries. Jeffrey Haber, Michael Fischman and their dedicated support team will operate from Gallagher's Manhattan offices under the direction of Douglas Brown, Gallagher's Northeast region retail property and casualty brokerage leader.
J. Patrick Gallagher, Jr., Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer said, "With over 35 years of insurance experience and a strong client-focused culture, this outstanding team will be a wonderful addition to our Northeast Region. Their specialization in fine arts insurance coverage is an excellent niche opportunity for us and will position Gallagher as one of the nation's largest fine arts brokers. We are pleased to welcome Jeffrey, Michael and their colleagues to our growing Gallagher family of professionals."
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., an international insurance brokerage and risk management services firm, is headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, has operations in 20 countries and offers client-service capabilities in more than 140 countries around the world through a network of correspondent brokers and consultants.CONTACT: Marsha J. AkinDirector – Investor Relations630-285-3501 Marsha_Akin@ajg.com SOURCE Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV