Shareowners of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) today reelected all 11 director nominees to the corporation’s Board of Directors, each for a one-year term: Frederick W. Smith, James L. Barksdale, John A. Edwardson, Shirley Ann Jackson, Steven R. Loranger, Gary W. Loveman, R. Brad Martin, Joshua Cooper Ramo, Susan C. Schwab, David P. Steiner and Paul S. Walsh.
After 24 years of distinguished service to FedEx, Joshua I. Smith retired from the Board today as required by FedEx’s mandatory retirement age limit. “Josh has been incredibly valuable to the growth and development of FedEx over the years, and he will be greatly missed. We thank him for his many contributions and long tenure as a director,” said Frederick W. Smith, chairman, president and chief executive officer of FedEx Corp.
The shareowners took the following other actions at the annual meeting:
- Approved, on an advisory basis, the compensation of FedEx’s named executive officers.
- Approved the adoption of an amendment to FedEx’s 2010 Omnibus Stock Incentive Plan to increase the number of shares issuable under the plan.
- Ratified the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as FedEx’s independent auditors for fiscal year 2014.
not approve any of the stockholder
- A proposal requesting the adoption of a policy that the Chairman of the Board be an independent director.
- A proposal requesting an amendment to FedEx’s governing documents to allow stockholders to nominate candidates for Board membership and have those nominees included in FedEx’s proxy statement.
- A proposal requesting the adoption of a policy that in the event of a change in control of FedEx, there not be any acceleration of vesting of equity awards granted to senior executives.
- A proposal requesting the adoption of a policy that FedEx’s equity compensation plans prohibit directors and senior officers who are compensated under those plans from engaging in hedging or pledging transactions involving FedEx shares issued under those plans.
- A proposal requesting that FedEx publish a report, updated semi-annually, disclosing information about the corporation’s political contributions.
- A proposal requesting the implementation of a policy to ensure consistent incorporation of FedEx’s corporate values into all FedEx political contribution decisions.
- A proposal requesting an amendment to FedEx’s governing documents to provide that all matters presented to stockholders be decided by a simple majority of the shares voted “for” or “against” an item.
- A proposal raised from the floor of the annual meeting requesting that the Board of Directors review FedEx’s sponsorship of FedExField, including the impact of ending the relationship, as part of a broader review of FedEx’s involvement in any actions or business relationships that may defame or discriminate against people on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, nation, religion or culture.
Corporate OverviewFedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $45 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 300,000 team members to remain “absolutely, positively” focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV